HERE IS A LINK TO A MEANS OF EMOTIONAL AND MENTAL HEALING THAT I HAVE BEEN MEDITATING UPON FOLLOWING THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAYS AND BEGINNING, FOR ME, THIS SEASON OF ADVENT. THIS SEASON ALWAYS WORKS BEST FOR ME WHEN I CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF IT IS A TIME OF PREPARING MY HEART ALL OVER AGAIN TO RECEIVE THE BIRTH OF MY LORD AND SAVIOR THEREIN.
HOW CAN I PREPARE MY HEART?
1. GIVING IT THE MEDICINE IT NEEDS TO HEAL ENOUGH TO BECOME A NURTURING RESTING PLACE
2. GIVING IT THE REST IT NEEDS TO HAVE TIME TO DREAM
3. GIVING IT THE FOOD IT NEEDS, BOTH SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY, TO THRIVE
4. GIVING IT THE TIME IT NEEDS TO EXPAND AND CONTRACT AND SQUEEZE AND LET GO
5. GIVING IT THE OXYGEN IT NEEDS TO HOLD ITS OWN BREATH IN EXPECTANCY
6. GIVING IT THE FLUIDS IT NEEDS TO WATER MY SOUL
7. GIVING IT THE AROMAS IT NEEDS TO PREPARE A PLACE OF WORSHIP IN PURITY
8. GIVING IT THE TOUCHES IT NEEDS TO CONNECT TO ALL HIS OTHER CHILDREN
9. GIVING IT THE PRAYERFOCUS IT NEEDS TO KNEEL AT ITS OWN MANGER
10.GIVING IT THE STUDY IF NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO REST AND WORK IN BALANCE
Oh, little heart of mine, are you big enough?
Are you big enough to be a manger?
Oh, little heart of mine, are you sweet enough?
Are you sweet enough to feed a baby?
Oh, little heart of mine, are you soft enough?
Are you soft enough to hug that little child?
Oh, little heart of mine, are you strong enough?
Are you strong enough to pulse with that baby’s love?
Oh, little heart of mine, are you filled with enough air and blood?
Are you filled enough to hold still while all those others come to love?
Oh, little heart of mine, are you wise enough?
Are you wise enough to tell of His love to others?
Oh, little heart of mine, are you broken enough?
Are you broken enough to let the baby’s light shine through?
Oh, little heart of mine, are you still enough?
Are you still enough to rest within the baby’s arms?
Oh, little heart of mine, have you learned enough?
Have you learned enough to talk to my soul?
Oh, little heart of mine, have you prayed enough?
Have you prayed enough to kneel with the lambs?